1. Have a NEED for buying a home.
2. Find a REALTOR. Now that you have found Pakulla Professionals, we can represent you and assist you throughout the home buying process. We work for you as a Buyer’s Agent.
3. Meet with a LENDER. Unless you are paying cash for your home, you will need to borrow money through a financial institution. It is also very helpful to find out what price range you are in, so that you do not overshoot your market. Getting pre-approved for a loan is strongly recommend. It will give you a competitive advantage over other buyers in the market. Start by calling one of our recommended lenders.
4. Identify and set your CRITERIA.
5. ACTIVELY search for your home. Pakulla Professionals will sort and pull up properties via our agent MLS. At the same time you can search on our website via our online home search (opens in a new window) which is fed from our MLS. Select properties based on their information, exterior appearance and online photos. View selected properties with a Pakulla Professionals agent. Continue this process until you find your home.
6. RESEARCH your potential home. Make sure you are comfortable with the home you are about to purchase. Pakulla Professionals can help you with several areas of information including comparable sales.
7. Submit an OFFER to purchase the home. Once the offer is presented to the seller, they can:
- Accept it
- Reject it
8. Contract NEGOTIATION, if necessary. Negotiation happens when the seller counter-offers. During the negotiation process the buyer and seller agree upon all details of the contract.
9. Once the contract is FULLY AGREED upon, these are the typical steps pursued prior to closing:
- Home inspection / Radon test
- Full financing commitment including appraisal
- Review of HOA or condo documents
- Termite inspection
- Title examination
- Location survey
- Purchase homeowner’s insurance
- Place utilities in your name
- Final walk through
10. SETTLEMENT/CLOSING… Congratulations!!!